POSITION: PASTRY ASSISTANT
PART TIME - 20-30 hrs/week
We are looking for a part time Pastry assistant to work Thursday, Friday, and Sunday, generally 7am-3pm. Thursday and Friday will be pastry production days, and Sunday will be split between production and assisting the retail counter as needed. You'll be responsible for helping produce seasonal sweets for our weekend retail counter and restocking packaged goods for our shelves and fridge. You'll also be responsible for general counter work assist (ie- greeting customers, serving up coffee/sandwiches/pastries, ringing up customers, etc.)
Pastry + customer service experience is necessary, but most importantly, a passion to learn and grow with us!
The right person will:
- Be confident and posses a working knowledge of pastry technique (cookies, cakes, tarts, pie dough, biscuits, doughnuts, etc.).
- Value fresh, seasonal, and high quality ingredients.
- Be reliable, responsible, and punctual.
- Be able to work quickly, efficiently, and cleanly.
- Have excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Have amazing customer service skills.
- Obtain a strong working knowledge of all Poppy's products and the ability to talk about them confidently.
- Not get flustered during busy hours.
- Position includes counter tips.
- Strong possibility for eventually full time option.
- Having a NYC Food handlers permit is a huge plus.