After having a very successful pop up run, we will be permanently opening for the weekends (Poppy's To-Go), and we are looking for a part time counter person to make this transition with. The hours are 8am-4pm, Saturday + Sunday. We're looking for someone with super strong customer service skills and an upbeat personality! You'll be the main point of contact for both customers (to provide coffee, sandwiches, pastries, soup, etc.), and kitchen staff (to coordinate food delivery + counter set up). Previous experience as a counter person at a cafe/bakery is a must.
- A positive attitude and excited to provide excellent customer service
- Greeting customers, welcoming them to our space, and looking to foster relationships with regulars
- Brewing coffee, receiving food delivery, and setting up counter
- Being reliable, responsible, and punctual
- Packing + ringing up customer purchases
- Restocking to-go boxes/plates/utensils, and coffee station items
- Organizing and maintaining a clean and tidy shop (light clean ups throughout the day to keep us free of crumbs)
- Ability to work quickly when busy without getting flustered
- Gaining a strong working knowledge of all Poppy's products, what are company is about, and the ability to talk about them confidently
- Position includes counter tips.
- Having a NYC Food handlers permit is a huge plus.
COMPENSATION this position is PAID: hourly, varies DOE, $12.00 - $15.00
HOW TO APPLY